The daughter of a Carson City fire captain made the cut Wednesday night on "American Idol" putting her among 24 contestants to begin performing live on the Fox broadcast next week.Amanda Avila, 23, was one of the last two female singers standing when she beat out Jaclyn Crum, 16, in the final 10 minutes of the program.In all, 100,000 people tried out for a coveted spot in the top 24 on American's No. 1 television program.Avila, a siren for the Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, attended the Los Angeles School of Performing Arts and sang backup for …
Fire captain's daughter makes top 24 on TV's 'Idol'
- Airport to get military aircraft museum
- Sheriff’s Log: Carson City woman arrested after allegedly hitting parked car
- DUI checkpoint set for Friday near downtown Carson City
- Carson City man sentenced to two to six years in home-invasion case
- Carson man sentenced to 30 days, probation for sex with underage girl