The second person in a series of home burglaries was sentenced to probation this week so she can help her co-defendant pay back $22,000 in stolen merchandise.
Jeira Polanco, 23, was given up to five years probation with suspended prison sentences of 12 to 32 months on a charge of theft of $250 or less, and 16 to 48 months on each of two counts of theft over $2,500.
Polanco and her boyfriend Timothy Sparacino pawned some $22,000 in stolen items at area pawn and coin shops.
According to court documents, among the things pawned was a $9,000 Rolex watch which the couple allegedly sold for $2,500.
In all, they are suspected of burglarizing four homes and a loss of more than $40,000, investigators said.
Also in Carson City District Court this week:
• Joshua Robert Sundquist, 25, was sentenced to up to five years probation, with a suspended prison sentence of 12 to 32 months for failing to register as a sex offender.
• Robert Lawrence Gasper, 32, was given a suspended prison sentence of 12 to 32 months with probation up to five years and a charge of grand larceny. He must also pay $2,500 in restitution.
• Albert Franklin O'Neal, 35, was sentenced to 12 to 34 months in prison on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender.
• A no-bail bench warrant was issued for Jennifer Lynn Palomo, 29, for failing to appear on a charge of possession of controlled substance
• Samuel Wagstaff, 74, pleaded not guilty to lewdness with a child under 14. A trial is set for Oct. 11-14
• Jessica Balvina Negrete pleaded guilty to three counts of writing checks on an account with non-sufficient. She'll be sentenced June 27.
• Gilbert Lane Landis, 25, was ordered to successfully complete drug court and up to three years probation on a charge of possession of a controlled substance.
• Joshua Lee Ezekiel, 26, was given a suspended prison sentence of 12 to 32 months and must complete up to five years probation on a forgery charge.
• Ian Michael Brower was given up to three years probation and suspended prison sentences of 12 to 34 months on a charge of possession of controlled substance, and 12 to 48 on a charge of sale of controlled substance.
• Joshua Cottiero, 21, was given a suspended prison sentence of 12 to 36 months and must complete probation up to three years probation on a charge of attempted burglary.
• William Landers, 58, was given time served after spending 105 days in jail on a charge of indecent or obscene exposure. In January, a caller reported Landers was masturbating outside a North Carson Street fast food restaurant. When the deputy arrived, Landers was still at it. When the officer confronted Landers and asked him what he was doing Landers allegedly quickly tucked himself back into his pants and apologized. He also must register as a sex offender.
• Ryan Riggs, 23, had his probation revoked and must serve 12 to 36 months in prison on a charge of possession of controlled substance.