Harriet M. Keeran, 93, died April 28, 2011, in Carson City. Harriet was born April 8, 1918, in Madison, Wis., to Walter and Mable Whomes. She was preceded in death by her husband, Harvey Keeran and a daughter, Sharon Keeran. Harriet is survived by one son, Mark Keeran and three daughters, Diane C. Cort, G. Justine Keeran (Jesse Graham) and Gwen I. Click (Gary). One brother, Donald Whomes (Willette) and one sister, Carol Hickman (George). Six grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren and one great-great grandson. A memorial service for Harriet will be 1 p.m. Sunday at Walton's Chapel in Carson City.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession