Barbara Lynne Hickox, 65, of Carson City, died June 1 at Evergreen Mountain View Care Facility. She was born May 6, 1946, in Danville, Calif. She is preceded in death by her parents Henry and Leila Loomis, and husband Robert William Hickox. She is survived by sons, Robert (Ania) Hickox and Tim Hickox; and one grandchild. A public visitation followed by a funeral service will be 1 p.m. on Monday at Walton's Chapel of the Valley, 1281 N. Roop St., Carson City. Inurnment will be at a later date in the veterans section of Lone Mountain Cemetery.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity