There's no known cause, no blood test or X-ray to diagnose it, no magic pill to cure it - so maybe it's no surprise that fibromyalgia is a disorder that's often misunderstood and sometimes unrecognized. Yet it's one of the most common chronic conditions, characterized by widespread pain and extreme fatigue, and it afflicts up to 10 million people in the USA, most of them women. Here's what else you need to know about fibromyalgia:What does it feel like?The pain can vary from a constant, dull ache to a stabbing shooting pain, typically arising from muscles. You'll feel it everywhere …
Fibromyalgia: Do you suffer from this chronic condition?
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires