Nancy S. King, 69, passed away peacefully at home, on June 18, 2012, after a valiant fight with COPD. Nancy was born on October 26, 1942, to John and Beverly Seibert. Nancy grew up in Huntington Beach, CA, where she developed a lifelong love of the ocean and fostered the values and integrity that would become the hallmark of her personality. In 1988, she moved to Nevada, living in Carson City, Virginia City, Dayton, and Reno. Nancy will be remembered for her beautiful silver hair, impeccable style, and extraordinary love for her family. Nancy had only one child, Shannon, but loved her step children, Jackie and Steve, and son-in-law, John, as her own. Her grandchildren, Max, Kylie, and Jack, brought tremendous joy to her life and she could often be found waiting for them at the bus stop or snuggling with them in her favorite chair. Nancy enjoyed visiting her brother Jack, sister Shelley, and their children, especially when they would all laugh, chat, and eat at her very favorite restaurant, Domenicos. At Nancy's request, no service or memorial will be held.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract