Age 85, passed away at his home in Carson City, Nevada on June 29, 2012. John was born in Honolulu on April 17, 1927. He graduated from Farrington High School and joined the US Army serving in the 101st Airborne in Germany at the end of World War II. After leaving the Army he received a B.S. in Police Science from San Jose State University where he met his wife Janet Elizabeth Lee who preceded him in death in 2001. John dedicated his life to law enforcement. His career began with the San Jose PD in 1956. In 1958 he joined the federal law enforcement agency that would become the Drug Enforcement Administration. He returned to Hawaii in 1966 as the office's first Special Agent in Charge, retiring in 1982. He then worked with the Honolulu Police Commission beginning in 1987 until his second retirement in 1998. John enjoyed the last years of his life in Carson City, NV, volunteering at the Sheriff's Office, maintaining his firearm skills and driving his blue Mustang. He is survived by his 4 children, 3 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch