Virginia Ruth Welch, 83 of Carson City, passed away peacefully at home with her family August 25. Virginia was born April 9, 1929 to Ira and Willie Webb in Dillard Oklahoma. She married Joseph Tant Welch November 14, 1948 in Galveston Texas. Virginia was a homemaker who supported her husband through his military service in World War II, and the Korean War. She and Joe made their home in El Centro California for 36 years. After her husband’s retirement, Virginia and Joe moved to Carson City Nevada, to be closer to her only daughter, Linda Sue Hurzel, her husband John, and her two grandsons, Joey and Jeffery. Virginia was preceded in death by her loving husband Joe; her brother, Gerald Webb, & sister Pauline Watson. Virginia is survived by her daughter Linda Hurzel, Son in Law John, grandsons Joey and Jeffery and numerous nieces and nephews. A graveside service is scheduled for Wednesday August 29, at Walton’s Carson Gardens Cemetery in Carson City, at 3:30 PM.
- 2nd annual Carson City Battle of the Badges blood drive Wednesday
- Memorial Day 2016: Carson City honors those who gave their lives for our freedoms
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to consider connection fee increases for new users
- Carson City road report for May 30 through June 5
- Carson City birth announcements