Families can learn about “Beastly Encounters” next Saturday at the Nevada State Museum.The program scheduled for 1-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8, is the latest activity in the museum’s “Family Fun Saturdays” series. Children will learn how to observe animal signs, tracks and other clues that can help identify which animals have been in an area. In addition, participants will learn about wild animal diversity in Nevada.Tickets for adults who aren’t members of the museum cost $8. Museum members and children 17 or under get in free. Children must be accompanied by an adult.The admissions desk opens at 12:30 p.m. for the event, which will be in the museum’s natural history discovery lab at 600 N. Carson St.
- 2nd annual Carson City Battle of the Badges blood drive Wednesday
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to consider connection fee increases for new users
- Carson City road report for May 30 through June 5
- Memorial Day 2016: Carson City honors those who gave their lives for our freedoms
- Carson City birth announcements