Patching and repaving work on Carson Street this week will restrict through traffic three days and close the street completely Thursday night.All the work is being done at night to reduce the disruption to area residents.Lane restrictions begin at 6 p.m. and end at 6 a.m. each day on the stretch of roadway between 8th Street and Musser Street.Transportation manager Patrick Pittenger said on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the road will be usable but there will be lane closures in both the north and southbound lanes.City Manager Larry Werner said the city is doing the roadwork because the state several years ago deeded Carson Street between Arrowhead Drive at the north to Fairview Drive at the south. He said the city received title and responsibility for that section of the street because that is the section now replaced by the Carson bypass freeway.“They're getting ready to do some patching, then micro-paving,” Werner said.He said a new layer of pavement will be put down once the existing potholes are filled.For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 775-887-2355, ext. 7396.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession