Volunteers will help clean up the Carson River on Saturday, Sept. 15, and have lunch afterward.Kiwanis of Carson City and Kiwanis of Sierra Nevada will serve lunch and hand out T-shirts to the volunteers. Volunteers are asked to gather at 8 a.m. that Saturday at the Bureau of Land Management office parking lot at 5665 Morgan Mill Road.Cleanup areas will be from a half-mile south of the Deer Run Bridge heading down river to the old Morgan stamp mill, near the Mexican dam, some canyons east of Mexican Dam Road, and some areas along Sedge Road.Volunteers are urged to bring water, work gloves, hats, sunscreen and wear appropriate clothing as well as boots or shoes.Among those leading the cleanup will be Ron Bowman and Rob Scanland of Kiwanis, Bill Knight of the Boy Scouts, BLM representative Lisa Ross, BLM volunteer Mark Struble and Vern Krahn of Carson City Parks and Recreation.Among the organizations expected to participate are the Key Club, the Girl Scouts and the Naval Junior ROTC. For more information and to preregister email Lisa Ross, BLM public affairs specialist, at email@example.com or call 775-886-6107 by Sept. 15.
- Former players, coaches react to end of Western Nevada College baseball
- Closed private road near Carson City's Mexican Dam raises questions
- What they're saying about the end of WNC athletics
- Governor, controller exchange words over commerce tax petition
- Agenda errors force Nevada Finance Board to redo March votes