Report of shooter targeting vehiclesOld U.S. Highway 395 in Washoe Valley closed for about two hours Saturday morning after a caller reported someone was shooting at vehicles on the freeway, according to the Nevada Highway Patrol.The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office sent up its helicopter and searched the area and found nothing, according to NHP. The road reopened by 2:30 a.m.Lyon to step up traffic enforcementThe Lyon County Sheriff’s Office will be joining forces with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and the Office of Traffic Safety to increase enforcement of speed laws and pedestrian traffic laws.Deputies will be active in Dayton, Fernley, Stagecoach, Silver Springs and Mason Valley “conducting extra traffic enforcement focusing mainly on pedestrian and crosswalk violations and speeding vehicles,” according to the Lyon County Sheriff’s Office.
- Candidates for Carson City mayor discuss their vision for city
- Downtown Carson City October paving schedule changed
- Fallon man pleads guilty in wildlife occupation
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon
- Domitrovich signs to play football at University of Saint Mary