The Douglas County Historical Society is sponsoring a tour of seven historical homes facing the Minden Park, as a fundraising event. The homes will be open for viewing from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday. Advance ticket sales are required and can be purchased at the Carson Valley Museum & Cultural Center in Gardnerville. Tickets are $15 for Historical Society members and $20 for non-members. Tickets can be obtained by calling 775-782-2555 for credit card purchase. “Will Call” will be available at the Minden Park the morning of the tour. Tickets will not be mailed and no refunds given. All homes are in walking distance of each other, with ample parking in Minden. No interior photos of homes will be allowed. Volunteers will be on site telling the history of the homes.Homes included on the tour are the original homes of William Dangberg, William Maule, Ben Cardinal, Fred Hellwinkel, John Dangberg, A.F. Neidt and Joe Cardinal.For additional information call Marlena Hellwinkel, 775-721-9599.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Rusler catches on at William Penn