Apex Security Consulting Firm will offer a Workplace Violence Readiness, Response and Prevention course in Carson City at the BRIC, 108 E. Proctor St., at 9 a.m. Sunday.The class will help people better understand their role when it comes to workplace violence prevention.Workers should learn about workplace violence, recognize the behaviors of concern, and remember that awareness plus action equals prevention. If an incident does occur, they should be able to distinguish a hostage taker from an active shooter so that they can determine how to react to increase their chances of survival.Jeff L. May, a former police chief, director of the Adam Walsh Sexual Assault Notification Program, law enforcement training officer, domestic violence coordinator and terrorism liaison officer, is the founder & CEO of Apex Security Consulting Firm.The course is $275, but will be offered free to any survivors of the Sept. 6, 2011, shooting at IHOP.To reserve a spot in the class, contact Jeff May at (775) 450-9697 or email@example.com. For more information, go to APEXSCF.com.
- Obama promises no apology to Japan
- Carson High School Culinary Arts teacher Penny Reynolds calls it a wrap
- Carson City Planning Commission to take up growth management; medical marijuana; Little Lane development
- Downtown Carson City businesses plan big changes
- Downtown Carson City October paving schedule changed