Instead of writing tickets, Nevada Highway Patrol troopers and Lyon County deputies will be writing down orders for the first Dine with a Deputy fundraising event in Yerington.The Dine with a Deputy will be from 4-8 p.m. Saturday at Sherry’s Steakhouse, just north of Yerington, at U.S. Highway 95 Alternate and Penrose Lane.The fundraiser benefits the Yerington Animal Protection Society.“Several Lyon County deputies and a few NHP troopers will be taking service to a new level that evening as each is paired up with a staff member of the restaurant,” according to NHP.The extra tips earned will go toward offsetting the costs to spay and neuter homeless pets, provide food and medical care and vaccinations to animals at the shelter.“Patrons wishing to dine that evening are encouraged to call ahead and make a reservation by” calling the restaurant at 775-463-9847.The Yerington Animal Protection Society is a no-kill shelter.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession