The Desert Research Institute in Reno has signed a renewed memorandum of understanding with the Chinese Academy of Science Institute of Earth Environment.The deal to share ideas, resources and exchange both students and scientists was announced during Gov. Brian Sandoval’s trade mission to Asia last week.Under the agreement, the two entities will partner on research involving the atmospheric sciences, expanding on a relationship between DRI and the institute that dates to 1997.Dr. Judith Chow of DRI said the relationship is extremely beneficial to both DRI and the institute as well as supporting the economies of both Nevada and China.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson not open for business
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of battery on a peace officer
- Hillary Rodham Clinton takes on western issues, Syrian refugees
- Carson City church feeds those in need
- No serious injuries after Carson City School bus involved in an accident