The Desert Research Institute in Reno has signed a renewed memorandum of understanding with the Chinese Academy of Science Institute of Earth Environment.The deal to share ideas, resources and exchange both students and scientists was announced during Gov. Brian Sandoval’s trade mission to Asia last week.Under the agreement, the two entities will partner on research involving the atmospheric sciences, expanding on a relationship between DRI and the institute that dates to 1997.Dr. Judith Chow of DRI said the relationship is extremely beneficial to both DRI and the institute as well as supporting the economies of both Nevada and China.
- Nevada caucuses: Relevance magnified by New Hampshire primary results
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Ruth and Harold Holbrook of Carson City celebrate 50th anniversary