In his inspiring book, “Battlefields and Blessings: Stories of Faith and Courage from the Civil War,” author Terry R. Tuley includes words written by an unknown Confederate soldier who was wounded in battled and had become severely disabled. Through the trials of life, the soldier had learned much of life, God and prayer. Consider his words:I asked God for strength that I might achieve,I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.I asked for health that I might do great things,I was given infirmity that I might do better things, I asked for riches that I might be …
Faith & Insight: Thank God for seemingly unanswered prayers
- Trace Adkins' life an open book with 'A Personal Stand'
- Sportsman’s Warehouse official announces Carson City store
- Douglas County judge involved in fatal crash; investigation is ongoing
- Sportsman’s Warehouse opening at Carson Mall likely is set for spring
- Obituary: Robert (Bob) Noble Stutsman “Bear Claws”