A takeoff on the television show “Gilligan’s Island” will provide the theatrical fare at a fund raiser for the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada on Saturday.Called “Billiban’s Island,” the event is a mystery dinner theater, a silent auction and features a no host bar to raise funds for a children’s Construction Zone Exhibit at the museum.Tickets are $40 each and are available at the museum or by calling 775-884-2226.Lu Olsen, museum director, said Carson City’s Artisan Cafe will cater the meal for the event, which starts Saturday at 5:30 p.m. in the museum facility at 813 N. Carson St.The menu includes tri-tip beef, au gratin potatoes, cole slaw, fruit salad and a strawberry surprise dessert, she said.Director for the production, which has a plot involving love, peace and murder, is Sandy Irvin. The cast will comprise mainly players who are Western Nevada College drama students. Folks attending, Olsen said, are encouraged to dress in tropical duds to fit in with the island theatrical performance.
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- 22 correction officers graduate from training
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Carter signs with Southwest Baptist
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract