The Lodge Assisted Living Community is sponsoring SOLEmates, a month long program to help provide new athletic shoes to kids with The Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Nevada. The goal of SOLEmates is to acquire 300 pairs of new athletic shoes to help those kids run, play and stay active. Residents of The Lodge will kick of the shoe drive at 1 p.m. Monday when they will shop for shoes at the Carson City Big 5 store. The campaign will run through Oct. 31. The public can get involved by donating new athletic shoes to these kids in need. All sizes from youth through adult are needed. Donations can be dropped off to: Fitness for 10, 829 Fairview Drive, Fitness Evolution, 3456 N. Carson St. Kaia Fit/ Tumbleweeds, 3633 Research Way #104, the Boys and Girls Club 1870 Russell Way, and The Lodge Assisted Living Community, 2200 E. Long St. For more information call 775-283-9888.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday