Virginia City’s Outhouse Parade & Privy Wine Walk this weekend will feature a Saturday parade followed by this year’s World Championship Outhouse Races both Saturday and Sunday.Three person teams, with one on the outhouse “throne” and the other two pushing, will compete in a double elimination tournament from 1-5 p.m. Saturday. The event will begin with a parade at noon Saturday. Second rounds of the competition and the final race are set Sunday beginning at noon.But speed during the races on C Street, the Comstock community’s main drag, isn’t the only way the outhouse entries can compete. The People’s Choice Awards are scheduled for Saturday. Organizers urge people in attendance to pay strict yet raucous attention during the parade because the most unique outhouse will be selected by crowd noise.Not only that, but there will be an opportunity to select the ugliest and prettiest of the outhouses from among the various themes and styles that are entered. Prior years have included “The Flapper Crappers” and “The Haunted Outhouse” as well as “The Potty Poopers.”More than 20 merchants in historic Virginia City will participate in the Privy Wine Walk. Folks may purchase a commemorative Virginia City wine glass at the Bucket of Blood booth for $20 and will get a map to find participating shops.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature