Danny was born in South Lake Tahoe, Calif. and raised on the Hung-a-lel-ti Reservation in Woodfords, Calif. In his spare time he loved to do beadwork, make baskets, make ceremonial fans, and liked to spend time with his elders to learn more about his people’s traditional ways. He was fluent in the Washoe language and also taught various classes on language, basket making, the gathering & preparation of traditional foods, and loved to sing traditional songs. He was a member of the Native American church and loved to play Hand Game. He will be dearly missed. Danny is preceded in death by his grandparents; father, Daniel Wyatt; and his uncles. He is survived by his mother, Lynda Shoshone of Dresslerville, Nev.; brothers, Irvin Jim Jr. of Woodfords, Calif., R. James Shoshone of Furnace Creek, Calif., Marvin Dressler of Dresslerville, Nev.; sister, Leah Jim of Gardnerville, Nev.; numerous aunts & uncles; cousins; one great neice; and one great nephew. Services will be held on Friday, October 5 at the Dresslerville Gym. Viewing from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Burial at Woodfords Indian Cemetery.
- Carson City couple flies all over to help provide health care
- Bob McFadden Plaza at Third Street in Carson City opens Saturday
- Services set for Carson residents killed in Monitor Pass collision
- Fallon's high of 107 shatters record
- Update: Not a meteor: Chinese rocket re-enters atmosphere near California