Mom grew up in Torrance, Calif. She married our Dad October 16, 1952 and from there they moved from one end of the country to the other because Dad was a career Navy Veteran. Together they had 5 children, Cynthia, Michael, Susan, Joseph and John. In 1990 Mom went to work at the Nugget in Carson City as a Change Person and then as a Bingo Caller. She retired in 2005. Betty is survived by her brother, Dee Maxwell; son, Joe; daughters, Cindy and Susie; 14 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren . She was preceded in death by her parents; three sisters; her husband, Joe; and two sons, Michael 1997and John 2009. We will forever miss the mother we had but we know now she will be at peace being with Mike & John and all her family she missed so very much. We will be having a a gathering of friends and family at 3:00 pm at 170 Koontz Ln #97 with a private service to follow at a later date.
- Nevada caucuses: Relevance magnified by New Hampshire primary results
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Ruth and Harold Holbrook of Carson City celebrate 50th anniversary