An inmate who escaped from the Storey County jail on Monday morning is still at large and search teams continue to comb areas around Storey County looking for him.Jeremy Morales, 38, escaped from the jail early Monday morning by hiding in the shadows and then locking a deputy who was doing cell checks into a cell, according to the Storey County Sheriff's Office.Morales had pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a minor and was to be sentenced Monday morning. He's considered dangerous, officers said.Morales is described as a 5-foot-11-inches tall white man weighing 220 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. There are no new leads on his whereabouts.“It's like he vanished, but he will surface,” Storey County Sheriff Gerald Antinoro said. “There's the possibility he could still be around, although pretty slim.”Morales has family in Northern Nevada but family members have not been in contact with him, Antinoro said.An internal investigation into Morales' escape is continuing. “There are lots of union rules and (Nevada laws)” dealing with jail inmates that have to be followed, Antinoro said.Morales was wearing striped jail clothing with “inmate” stenciled on the back when he escaped. His clothing has not yet been found, according to the sheriff's office.Anyone with information on Morales is encouraged to call their local law enforcement, the Storey County Sheriff's Office at 775-847-0959 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.Secret Witness is offering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to his capture.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract