A small SUV rammed into the back of the Western Nevada Surgical Center on Thursday morning, smashing through two walls and injuring three people, including one person who was inside the old hospital at the time.The red Toyota RAV4 clipped the back of a white Jeep Liberty stopped between the Carson Medical Complex’s parking area and Mountain Street before accelerating across the parking lot and over a short sign, a curb and a foot-tall shrub, Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong said. Both drivers were transported to Carson Tahoe Health for treatment. The extent of their injuries was unknown. The SUV went completely through a storage room and finally stopped at the far end of an operating room. Although the car went through two walls, they were “just walls” and there was no structural damage, Federal Building Services Engineer Jason Haynes said. “We heard it (the crash)” said Ashley Vazeen, director of Nursing for the Western Nevada Surgical Center.It wasn’t the first time a car has careened into the center, Administrator Linda Lambrecht said, noting a car went through the back of the building in July 2011 and “it took a couple of days” to repair.Mountain Street was closed from about 9-10:30 a.m., when the sheriff’s office reopened the road to traffic.The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City