An escaped Storey County inmate, who was supposed to be sentenced Monday for sexual assault of a minor, remains at large and is likely no longer in the area.Jeremy Morales, 38, escaped from the jail early Monday morning by hiding in the shadows and then locking a deputy who was doing cell checks into a cell, according to the Storey County Sheriff’s Office.Morales had pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a minor. He’s considered dangerous, according to the sheriff’s office.Morales is described as a 5-foot-11-inches tall white man weighing 220 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Morales was wearing striped jail clothing with “inmate” stenciled on the back when he escaped. His clothing has not yet been found, according to the sheriff’s office.Although Morales has family in various areas, no family members have been in contact with him since the initial investigation, Storey County Sheriff Gerald Antinoro said.“It doesn’t look like he’s trying to get in contact with anybody,” he said.Secret Witness is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to Morales’ capture.Anyone with information on Morales is encouraged to call their local law enforcement, the Storey County Sheriff’s Office at 775-847-0959 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- 22 correction officers graduate from training
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Carter signs with Southwest Baptist
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract