A woman was killed after she was thrown from her vehicle during a collision on Mottsville Lane in Douglas County at 5:20 p.m. Saturday.Mottsville was closed at Foothill Road and Highway 88 while Nevada Highway Patrol investigators examined the accident scene. Trooper Dan Gordon said the 63-year-old woman was westbound on Mottsville near where it turns right. She appears to have left the roadway, then overcorrected and the Jeep Grand Cherokee she was driving went into a broadside skid off the roadway and rolled over.She was killed when she was ejected from the vehicle. Her identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.Trooper Kris Satterwhite of the Nevada Highway Patrol's Major Accident Investigation Team is working the accident. Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact the Nevada Highway Patrol at 775-688-2500, in reference to case No. 121005638.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession