A woman was killed after she was thrown from her vehicle during a collision on Mottsville Lane in Douglas County at 5:20 p.m. Saturday.Mottsville was closed at Foothill Road and Highway 88 while Nevada Highway Patrol investigators examined the accident scene. Trooper Dan Gordon said the 63-year-old woman was westbound on Mottsville near where it turns right. She appears to have left the roadway, then overcorrected and the Jeep Grand Cherokee she was driving went into a broadside skid off the roadway and rolled over.She was killed when she was ejected from the vehicle. Her identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.Trooper Kris Satterwhite of the Nevada Highway Patrol's Major Accident Investigation Team is working the accident. Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact the Nevada Highway Patrol at 775-688-2500, in reference to case No. 121005638.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Rusler catches on at William Penn