A woman was killed after she was thrown from her vehicle during a collision on Mottsville Lane in Douglas County at 5:20 p.m. Saturday.Mottsville was closed at Foothill Road and Highway 88 while Nevada Highway Patrol investigators examined the accident scene. Trooper Dan Gordon said the 63-year-old woman was westbound on Mottsville near where it turns right. She appears to have left the roadway, then overcorrected and the Jeep Grand Cherokee she was driving went into a broadside skid off the roadway and rolled over.She was killed when she was ejected from the vehicle. Her identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.Trooper Kris Satterwhite of the Nevada Highway Patrol's Major Accident Investigation Team is working the accident. Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact the Nevada Highway Patrol at 775-688-2500, in reference to case No. 121005638.
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- 22 correction officers graduate from training
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Carter signs with Southwest Baptist
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract