A major artist from India will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at Yoga Sol, 305 N. Carson St., Suite 200.Chakrapani Singh plays an Indian slide guitar called a kahchapi veena. His first Tahoe appearance was at July’s Sierra Nevada Classical Guitar Festival.“He is one of the top musicians from India ever to work in the USA,” said Larry Aynesmith of Lakeshine, LLC.Singh will share his journeys through a gamut of emotions that reveal truth, beauty and the perfection of the eternal divine that is expressed through music, press materials state.Singh is described in the press materials as a rare instrumentalist with a unique repertoire ranging from traditional compositions on the Indian slide guitar to his innovative renditions on the kahchapi veena. Tickets are $15 at the door and at www.yogasol-carsoncity.com.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open