A major artist from India will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at Yoga Sol, 305 N. Carson St., Suite 200.Chakrapani Singh plays an Indian slide guitar called a kahchapi veena. His first Tahoe appearance was at July’s Sierra Nevada Classical Guitar Festival.“He is one of the top musicians from India ever to work in the USA,” said Larry Aynesmith of Lakeshine, LLC.Singh will share his journeys through a gamut of emotions that reveal truth, beauty and the perfection of the eternal divine that is expressed through music, press materials state.Singh is described in the press materials as a rare instrumentalist with a unique repertoire ranging from traditional compositions on the Indian slide guitar to his innovative renditions on the kahchapi veena. Tickets are $15 at the door and at www.yogasol-carsoncity.com.
- Former players, coaches react to end of Western Nevada College baseball
- Closed private road near Carson City's Mexican Dam raises questions
- Fallen Carson City Deputy Carl Howell added to Nevada Police Officers Memorial
- Senate approves amendment to deal with western drought
- What they're saying about the end of WNC athletics