The Capital City Arts Initiative will hold a reading and writing workshop Wednesday featuring local writer Eric Rasmussen.The back-to-back writing workshop followed by a reading will start at 5:30 p.m. in the Carson City Library, 900 Roop St., with the session on writing running until 7 p.m. The reading will start immediately after.The writing workshop is called “Writing Compelling Narratives.” Rasmussen’s latest work, which is being published in paperback this month, is “The Shakespeare Thefts: In Search of the First Folios”. It concerns the fate of the first copies of William Shakespeare’s collected works in 1623.Rasmussen is a professor and the chair in the English Department of the University of Nevada, Reno. The event is part of the CCAI Books & Writers’ series, which is co-sponsored by the library.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract