A man jumped out of a moving truck that had been reported as stolen and fled on foot before a pursuing deputy caught him Wednesday night, according to a sheriff’s office arrest report.The driverless truck rolled into the side of the Nevada State Museum on Curry Street, although it only left scuff marks on the building and the sidewalk.The vehicle, reported stolen at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, was spotted at Fall and Rice streets. When the deputy attempted to make a traffic stop, Timothy Coffman, 34, allegedly jumped from the truck and ran for several blocks before being arrested on Ann Street.Coffman was charged with possession of stolen property, possession of methamphetamine, obstructing a peace officer and failure to report an accident. His bail was set at $29,764.
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to look at RV parking ordinance
- Abel Carter's 6 TDs lead Carson football to season-opening win over Desert Mountain
- Tree planting begins as downtown Carson City work hits homestretch
- Senator Square: Carson High School students, teachers helping out
- Carson notebook: NFL MVP Warner teaches Senators to overcome adversity