A man jumped out of a moving truck that had been reported as stolen and fled on foot before a pursuing deputy caught him Wednesday night, according to a sheriff’s office arrest report.The driverless truck rolled into the side of the Nevada State Museum on Curry Street, although it only left scuff marks on the building and the sidewalk.The vehicle, reported stolen at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, was spotted at Fall and Rice streets. When the deputy attempted to make a traffic stop, Timothy Coffman, 34, allegedly jumped from the truck and ran for several blocks before being arrested on Ann Street.Coffman was charged with possession of stolen property, possession of methamphetamine, obstructing a peace officer and failure to report an accident. His bail was set at $29,764.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature