Those planning on drinking any time between Friday and Nov. 9 should take a taxi, designate a drive or walk home because the Nevada Highway Patrol will be joining forces with other local law enforcement to crack down on those driving under the influence of alcohol.Agencies in the Reno/Sparks and in the greater Carson City area, including the Lyon County, will be beefing up patrols to focus on “identifying impaired drivers,” according to NHP.The extra patrols are not just on the weekends but last a full three weeks. The extra patrols are being funded by the Office of Traffic Safety.
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Video: Carson City leadership discusses water, roads and growth in Q&A
- Prep roundup: Big day for Pradere, Schulz
- Memories of Wildcat athletics: Reason to be proud of 'Harvard on the Hill'
- Nevada Attorney General argues challenge to vouchers program doesn't violate constitution