Those planning on drinking any time between Friday and Nov. 9 should take a taxi, designate a drive or walk home because the Nevada Highway Patrol will be joining forces with other local law enforcement to crack down on those driving under the influence of alcohol.Agencies in the Reno/Sparks and in the greater Carson City area, including the Lyon County, will be beefing up patrols to focus on “identifying impaired drivers,” according to NHP.The extra patrols are not just on the weekends but last a full three weeks. The extra patrols are being funded by the Office of Traffic Safety.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities