There’s still time to showcase your talents, have some fun, and at the same time help local high school graduates pay for college.Western Nevada College’s Latino Student Club is seeking performers for a fundraiser talent show on Nov. 9. All proceeds will support WNC student scholarships. “The Latino Student Club is proud to bring this contest to the community for the fifth year,” says Lupe Ramirez, WNC Latino outreach coordinator. “It’s a family event that brings a lot of different cultures together, and it’s a wonderful way to experience and embrace diversity.” Performers are still needed. Auditions are 5:30 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday in the Carson Nugget Community Hall in the Aspen Building at WNC. Students and community members of all ages are welcome to audition, and prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place acts. Past performances have included dancing, singing, instrumental performances and a variety of other talent acts. “It’s an opportunity for people to express themselves,” Ramirez said. “This year we are even adding some comedy to the mix. We continue to grow each year, and we’re looking forward to more acts and more people coming together to enjoy an evening of talent.” For information, call Lupe Ramirez at 775-445-3344 or email email@example.com.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City