The Capital City Community Band intends to open its 34th concert season on Oct. 28 in the Amphitheater of the Legislative Mall.Billed as a Nevada Day concert, the event will be free, open to the public and begin — weather permitting — at 3 p.m.The band particularly encouraged children to attend with their parents. The band plans to play patriotic music, the marches of John Philip Sousa and Broadway show tunes.
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Capital City Arts Initiative hosting artist Zoe Bray Wednesday in Carson City
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Report: Harley-Davidson to re-open