The Capital City Community Band intends to open its 34th concert season on Oct. 28 in the Amphitheater of the Legislative Mall.Billed as a Nevada Day concert, the event will be free, open to the public and begin — weather permitting — at 3 p.m.The band particularly encouraged children to attend with their parents. The band plans to play patriotic music, the marches of John Philip Sousa and Broadway show tunes.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract