Proscenium Players Inc. has one performance of “Dealt a Deadly Hand” and several of “A Christmas Chaos” next month and in early December.The staging of “Dealt a Deadly Hand: Murder at the Carson City Casino Royal” is a reprise by the company of a spoof based on the classic movie “Casablanca.”The fundraising event on behalf of Carson Tahoe Health Auxiliary is a dinner theater presentation at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3, in the Nevada Room at the Governor’s Mansion. Tickets, which include dinner, are $45.The show spoofs not only the famed movie, but also the American dream of winning a jackpot. It has been performed before by the 47-year-old community theater group, but the plot and perpetrator or perpetrators change with each staging.Later in the month, the players will begin a six-performance run of “A Christmas Chaos,” which is billed as a stage play by Michael Wehrli that satirizes theatrical backstage mayhem and Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol.” Opening night is Nov. 30 and the other five performances will come Dec. 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9 at the Brewery Arts Center. This show is currently in rehearsal.The production’s plot involves The Royal Shakespeare Company’s absence despite a promised performance of the Dickens classic, which devolves into hapless actors and technicians putting together their own show in short order.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract