The phrase “penalty of distance” pervades points made by Sarah Adler, USDA rural development specialist, as the Northern Nevadan touts ways to build sustainable communities.
- 36,000 Tahoe-area trees are dead or dying as California's drought persists
- California resident Harvinder Singh reported victim in Sunday fatal
- Carson City man arrested in Hawaii admits possession, promotion of child porn
- Carson City water situation looks good — for now
- Washington fire in Markleeville 77 percent contained