A 24-year-old Carson City woman, accused of stealing expensive Dyson vacuum cleaners from Target stores in Douglas County, Carson City and Sparks is set to plead guilty to attempted burglary Dec. 4.Serena Skudlarek waived her preliminary hearing Wednesday in East Fork Justice Court.Her lawyer, Greg Wilkin, said Skudlarek was set to enter the guilty plea when she appears in District Court.He said the state wouldn’t object to allowing Skudlarek’s sentence to run concurrent to her participation in a Washoe County diversion program. She is accused of entering Target in north Douglas County on June 2, removing a security device from a Dyson vacuum, and trying to carry the cleaner out of the store. She left the store without the vacuum.The next day, she was videotaped wheeling a vacuum cleaner out of the same store in a shopping cart.Through investigation, authorities learned that she took two Dysons from the Sparks Target on June 5, and allegedly attempted to remove a Bose dock station.Authorities traced Skudlarek through her license plate.The vacuum cleaners are priced between $500-600. She reportedly told investigators she pawned the vacuum cleaners.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City