The Broadway hit “Hello, Dolly!” comes to Carson City, thanks to a Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company reincarnation, beginning Nov. 3.The show, combining the fast-talking wit of matchmaker Dolly Levii with a splendid score revolving around the title song, will run weekends through Nov.18 at the Carson City Community Center.Evening performances on Nov. 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17 start at 7:30 p.m. Matinees on Sundays, Nov. 4, 11 and 18, and on Saturday, Nov. 17, begin at 2 p.m. Tickets cost $25 or $28, depending on seating section.The WNC Musical Theatre Company, which broke area box office records a year ago with “Phantom of the Opera,” is putting on “Hello, Dolly!” with the same creative team at the helm that put on Phantom.Stephanie Arrigotti is the producer/ director, Gina Kaskie Davis, the choreographer. Starring in the Dolly role is Dianne Hale. She plays opposite Kirk Gardner’s version of Horace Vandergelder in the show.Dolly, a matchmaking widow who also freelances teaching dance and giving legal advice, works her wiles on three romances while setting her own sights on the well-fixed Vandergelder.The show was a hit that eventually morphed into the 1969 musical film starring Gene Kelly and Barbra Streisand.
- Timothy (Tim) Lee Jennings
- Street Vibrations at Battle Born Harley-Davidson (VIDEO)
- Carson City boxing program brings benefits to those with Parkinson's disease clients (video)
- Vintage at Kings Canyon comes before Planning Commission Thursday
- Senator Square: Carson High School celebrates homecoming week