Consort Canzona, Carson City’s early music ensemble of instruments and voices, plans two performances in November featuring Renaissance music.A Renaissance Mosaic will include both sacred and secular music from 1400 to 1600, fare that falls into the 13th through 18th century arena in which the ensemble concentrates.The first concert is set for 7 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12, at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. The concert is sponsored by the Carson City Music Club, and admission is $10.The second concert is slated for 7 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 18, at Shepherd of the Sierra Lutheran Church, 3680 U.S. 395. A donation is requested for that performance.Consort Canzona was organized in 2009. It now includes the instruments soprano, alto and tenor recorders, cello, harpsichord and percussion, as well as 13 singers.
- Timothy (Tim) Lee Jennings
- Street Vibrations at Battle Born Harley-Davidson (VIDEO)
- Carson City boxing program brings benefits to those with Parkinson's disease clients (video)
- Vintage at Kings Canyon comes before Planning Commission Thursday
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder