St. Peter’s Episcopal Church and First United Methodist Church, which are a block apart in downtown Carson City, plan events on Nov. 10 featuring food and holiday gift items. St. Peter’s at Division and Telegraph streets and First United Methodist at Division and Musser streets are holding the Holiday Faire events to raise funds via art, crafts and other prospective holiday season gifts.The St. Peter’s all-parish holiday bazaar begins at 8:30 a.m. and runs until 3:30 p.m. on that second Saturday in November. The First United Methodist event the same day begins at 9 a.m. and runs until 2 p.m. Folks checking out potential gifts for loved ones or items for themselves at either historic church can also partake of a chili and cornbread luncheon at the Methodist church. Lunch there is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.There will be food at St. Peter’s as well, much of it home-made and packaged as prospective gifts. In addition, St. Peter’s offerings will include sale of original paintings, prints and other decor items.Also on hand will be linens; serving dishes; decorative pieces; collectible dolls; handmade ornaments, scarves, caps, mittens and accessories; hand-crafted note cards; pre-owned jewelry and other items.
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Prep roundup: Big day for Pradere, Schulz
- Memories of Wildcat athletics: Reason to be proud of 'Harvard on the Hill'
- Video: Carson City leadership discusses water, roads and growth in Q&A
- Nevada Attorney General argues challenge to vouchers program doesn't violate constitution