While most people in the U.S. are preparing for holiday activities, Carson City volunteers with Christmas project Operation Christmas Child are filling shoe box gifts with toys, school supplies and hygiene items for needy children overseas from Nov. 12-19.Calvary Chapel Carson City, 1635 Clearview Dr., will collect shoe boxes packed full of goodies for needy kids overseas from local individuals and families. This is Calvary Chapel Carson City’s first year as a collection site for the worldwide project.Anyone can drop off a packed shoe box at Calvary Chapel Carson City. The shoe box gifts will be hand-delivered to hurting children in 100 countries around the world.Operation Christmas Child uses tracking technology to allow participants to “follow” their box to the destination country where it will be given to a child in need. To register shoe box gifts and find out the destination country, use the “Follow Your Box” donation form found at www.samaritanspurse.org/occ. For more information, call 800-353-5949.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Snowshoe Tahoe: Get away from the crowds and embrace Mother Nature