Our heavenly father called our beautiful wife, mother, and grandmother to be at his side. Jennie was the fifth born of six children to Millie and Bert Olsen in Otto, Wyo. before moving to Long Beach, Calif. Jennie was always active in her LDS Church while working for AT&T telephone. Her loving care was utilized wherever she lived, by volunteering; most recently at the Carson Hospital for over 11 years. Jennie and her husband, Keith have resided in Carson City for the past 20 years, having moved here from southern Calif. following their retirement. Jennie was preceded in death by her first husband, Bill Kennedy; a son, Robert; a daughter, Sandra Peterson. She is survived by her husband, Keith; daughter, Kathy Witmer; step daughter, Denise Young; four grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. The family wishes to thank Infinity Hospice Care for the past weeks of Jennie's life with us. Funeral services will be held on Oct. 30 at 1 p.m. at Walton's Chapel of the Valley in Carson City, Lone Mountain LDS priesthood conducting. In lieu of flowers, memorial donation may be given to your favorite charity.
- Fallon man killed in rollover
- 2nd annual Carson City Battle of the Badges blood drive Wednesday
- Memorial Day 2016: Carson City honors those who gave their lives for our freedoms
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to consider connection fee increases for new users
- Technology plus insurance aid disaster recovery