A man on a motorcycle was killed about 4:50 p.m. Tuesday evening at the intersection of Carson River Road and Camballeria Drive according to the Carson City Sheriff’s officials. According to Sheriff Ken Furlong, the motorcyclist, riding north on Carson River Road, was hit by a white Jeep Cherokee, driving south and turning left on to Camballeria Drive.The motorcyclist, an adult male, has not yet been identified by the coroner.The driver of the Cherokee, a male juvenile, was transported to the hospital. He had no physical injuries. A passenger of the Cherokee, also a juvenile, was not transported, Furlong said.Neither drugs nor alcohol are suspected to be involved. The Nevada Highway Patrol will be leading the investigation.Carson River Road was closed to traffic at East Fifth Street and at Buzzy’s Ranch Road.
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Prep roundup: Big day for Pradere, Schulz
- Memories of Wildcat athletics: Reason to be proud of 'Harvard on the Hill'
- Video: Carson City leadership discusses water, roads and growth in Q&A
- Nevada Attorney General argues challenge to vouchers program doesn't violate constitution