Sierra Nevada Birth Network will present its third annual Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Northern Nevada Children’s Museum.The fair will feature midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, a hypnotherapist, photographer, breast feeding specialist, massage therapist and more. Admission is free along with a raffle. There also will be an assortment of speakers. At 11 a.m., Launa J. Marting will discuss comfort measures for labor and birth followed by Cloth Diapering 101 at noon. Sheri Uhrig will present Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth and Babies followed by Placenta Encapsulation and its Benefits by Misty Dawn McBride at 2 p.m. The final speaker will be Tiffany Hoffman on Help Heal and Resolve Emotions from Difficult or Births at 3 p.m.For a small fee, participants also may make a fertility vase or placenta bowl at Carson City Pottery. For more information, contact Nancy Ogan at 775-790-1293 or check out Sierra Nevada Birth Network on Facebook.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Rusler catches on at William Penn