Sierra Nevada Birth Network will present its third annual Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Northern Nevada Children’s Museum.The fair will feature midwives, doulas, childbirth educators, a hypnotherapist, photographer, breast feeding specialist, massage therapist and more. Admission is free along with a raffle. There also will be an assortment of speakers. At 11 a.m., Launa J. Marting will discuss comfort measures for labor and birth followed by Cloth Diapering 101 at noon. Sheri Uhrig will present Essential Oils for Pregnancy, Birth and Babies followed by Placenta Encapsulation and its Benefits by Misty Dawn McBride at 2 p.m. The final speaker will be Tiffany Hoffman on Help Heal and Resolve Emotions from Difficult or Births at 3 p.m.For a small fee, participants also may make a fertility vase or placenta bowl at Carson City Pottery. For more information, contact Nancy Ogan at 775-790-1293 or check out Sierra Nevada Birth Network on Facebook.
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of domestic battery with strangulation
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- Walton's Funerals & Cremations celebrates 50th anniversary with free senior resource rair in Carson City