130 years ago(Continued from Tuesday) Prison Footprints. Some of the pictures taken at the Carson Prison were taken to Mrs. Winchester for psychometrization. The photo was carefully enclosed in paper and placed in her hand without her knowledge of the contents (continued Thursday).100 years agoCharley Springmeyer came down from Carson Valley this afternoon and is circulating with his many friends. He states that he harvested a bumper crop of both hay and grain from the farm, the heavies in its history.70 years agoMrs. Sarah E. Roberts arrived in Carson last evening for a visit of a few days with Mrs. Nellie V. Davis and Mrs. Lucy D. Crowell.50 years agoFestivities for the annual Nevada Day celebration will officially begin with a 1864 costume ball at the Civic Auditorium in Carson City.20 years agoNevada’s unemployment rate drops to seven percent in September.10 years agoCarson wins the “most bearded community” award from Storey County for the first time in five years.• Trent Dolan is the son of Bill Dolan, who wrote this column for the Nevada Appeal from 1947 until his death in 2006.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson not open for business
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of battery on a peace officer
- Hillary Rodham Clinton takes on western issues, Syrian refugees
- Carson City church feeds those in need
- No serious injuries after Carson City School bus involved in an accident