A motorcyclist killed Tuesday on Carson River Road, when struck by a Jeep Cherokee driven by a juvenile, has been identified as Vincent Wayne Gilpatrick, 33, a laid-off corrections officer.Gilpatrick was headed north on the road when he was struck and killed by the southbound Cherokee, which was making a left turn onto Camballeria Drive, Sheriff Ken Furlong said. The juvenile, transported to the hospital, had no physical injuries.The accident at 4:50 p.m., at the intersection of Carson River Road and Camballeria Drive, closed Carson River Road at East Fifth Street and Buzzy's Ranch Road for a period of time.Drugs or alcohol aren't suspected, although the accident remains under investigation by the sheriff's office, Furlong said, adding that investigators' findings will be forwarded to the district attorney's office later this month.
- The voices of Western Nevada College: Morres, Graham reflect on their time with Wildcat athletics
- Briefs filed with 9th Circuit in 1995 Carson City murder case
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of felony domestic battery
- Carson City RACC approves 1 applicant for facade program
- The meaning of relationships and hopes