The Marine Corps League of Carson City will be celebrating its 237th birthday at 4 p.m. Nov. 10, at Mo and Sluggo’s Bar and Grill at the corner of Telegraph and Curry streets.There will be appetizers, happy hour drinks and a cake-cutting at 6 p.m. All Marines and families of past and present Marines are expected to be there to honor the corps. Anyone who would like to pay respect to the U.S. Marine Corps and those Marines serving around the world are welcome.There are no fees or contributions requested for this event and the attendance of children with their parents is encouraged. Casual attire is permitted.
- Carson City Highway 50 Save Mart to close, reopen as FoodMaxx
- Man killed in Carson City after crashing stolen vehicle attempting to flee deputies
- Lompa Ranch seen as a doggone good deal by Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval authorizes emergency rules to hire out of state teachers
- Carson City Board of Supervisors approve downtown street contract