A small fire on the south side of C Hill on Tuesday afternoon burned less than a quarter of an acre on private land.The fire is under investigation but the cause is believed to be fireworks, according to the Carson City Fire Department.Firefighters were on scene for more than three hours but it only took them 15 to 20 minutes to put it out, Battalion Chief Bob Charles said. Charles said firefighters were making sure the fire would not re-ignite, especially with high winds in the area, he said.The fire burned in light grass and sparse brush in a slightly sloped area.
- Carson City Harley-Davidson dealership sued for $4 million
- Downtown Carson City signs aim to combat urban deer accidents
- WNC News & Notes: JOIN, WNC to help lead locals to jobs
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to explore rejoining Nevada League of Cities and Municipalities
- Traffic light was out during fatal collision; Gardnerville woman dies