“We need professional sales, not just marketing, to recruit companies.”— Gaius Phlebitus Rob Hooper, when you published your Northern Nevada Development Authority’s full-page ad in the Appeal, taking issue with my well-known position on economic development implementation, you suggest that I’m politicizing economic development. It’s always been political. I simply disagree with NNDA’s passive approach, relying on marketing. As the founder and CEO of a world-class high-tech company that is a division of Emerson Process, a Fortune 500 company, I know the most reliable method of recruiting companies into Nevada. Yes, we are well aware of Gov. Brian Sandoval’s actions …
Bob Thomas: To NNDA: I’ve got a deal for you!
- Weather impact: I-580 back open in Washoe Valley; state workers sent home; WNC cancels classes
- Snow keeps falling, numerous crashes reported
- Jason Richard Thrift victim in fatal Gardnerville shooting
- Snow blankets Carson as cold front comes in
- Carson City Sheriff’s Log: Man arrested for allegedly knifing tires