CASA of Carson City plans a CASA Volunteer Recognition Dinner on Friday, Nov. 16, in the Pinon-Sage Room at the Gold Dust West Casino.CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates and such volunteer advocates serve as guardians ad litem in court cases involving children in need of a representative serving their interests. The cases often stem from abuse or neglect.The evening is slated to begin at 5:30 p.m. and run to 9:30 p.m. in the casino, which is located at 2171 U.S. 50. Attire is semi-formal.The CASA volunteers and a guest will be admitted without charge; the charge for non-CASA participants and extra guests will be $30 per person. Included are dinner, dessert and non-alcoholic beverages.There will be a no-host bar open from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., a silent auction and raffle drawings for floral center pieces. The evening’s proceeds will benefit CASA of Carson City.Those interested in attending may contact Kimberly Pilant, CASA administrative assistant, at the Carson City office or make contact via CASAofCC@earthlink.net.
- Fallon man killed in rollover
- Memorial Day 2016: Carson City honors those who gave their lives for our freedoms
- 2nd annual Carson City Battle of the Badges blood drive Wednesday
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to consider connection fee increases for new users
- Graduates told they energized Fallon this year