A Carson teenager who allegedly burglarized unlocked cars in east Carson City voluntarily sought out investigators Wednesday. The 17-year-old male allegedly burglarized unlocked vehicles in the areas of Sonoma Street and Kitchen Drive and Van Epps Drive, according to the Carson City Sheriff’s Office. A family member saw the youth’s picture in Tuesday’s Nevada Appeal and confronted him.The youth told investigators he was “just bored” when he had burglarized the vehicles during the weekend of Nov. 2-4. He was “very cooperative,” according to the sheriff’s office.The case remains under investigation, upon completion the sheriff’s office will turn the case over the district attorney’s office for possible charges. People in that area who have had their cars burglarized recently can call the investigators at 775-283-7851.
- Nevada caucuses: Relevance magnified by New Hampshire primary results
- FBI arrests Fallon man for alleged occupation of wildlife refuge
- Nevada Supreme Court agrees to expedite vouchers case hearing
- Carson City Council of United States Navy League to meet Wednesday
- Ruth and Harold Holbrook of Carson City celebrate 50th anniversary