So, did President Obama earn a clear mandate last Tuesday to continue to implement his free-spending, Big Government agenda? No! In fact, his narrow, two-point (50-48) victory over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney ensures four more years of divisive politics in Washington, and around the nation. Once again I worked the polls at the Fuji Park Exhibits Hall and learned that the Carson City electorate is younger and much more diverse than it was when I first volunteered as an elections worker 16 years ago. Back in 1996 most of the voters looked like me (older white folks), and that …
Guy W. Farmer: What we learned last Tuesday
- Trace Adkins' life an open book with 'A Personal Stand'
- Sportsman’s Warehouse official announces Carson City store
- Douglas County judge involved in fatal crash; investigation is ongoing
- Obituary: Robert (Bob) Noble Stutsman “Bear Claws”
- Sportsman’s Warehouse opening at Carson Mall likely is set for spring